Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Motivational Running Music--The Running Montage

So, I was starting to write a similar blog on my personal blog (which I have neglected), but I figure it would make more sense for me to blog on here. So, I am not usually a fan of running to music, but once, I ran a marathon sans music, and I wanted to die. Instead of giving you a crazy list of songs (not yet, at least), I will give you a few songs to consider adding to your playlist.

This might sound a little crazy, but sometimes, I like to pretend I'm in a movie. This also happens when I run. I pretend I am starring in an awesome movie (I mean, I'm in it so it HAS to be awesome) and I need music for my running montage. And no, my list does not include "Eye of the Tiger".

Caroline's Pick for Best Songs for a Running Montage (not in any particular order):
1. No Church in the Wild - Jay Z and Kanye West
2. Uprising - Muse
3. Sandstorm - Darude (I'd like to thank undergrad for this one. Boat mix anyone??)
4. Renegade - Styx (I like this song in the middle of a workout.)
5. She Wants to Move - N.E.R.D.
6. Beautiful Monster - Neyo

AND, with the help of Christine, 7. Heart of a Champion - Nelly

And because being cheesy is fun, some Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, love "No Church in the Wild." Must try "Uprising" and "Renegade." Send me 5, 6 and 7, please!

    My current running mix has "Till the World Ends" and "I Wanna Go" by Britney (still love herrr), "U Should Know Better" by Robyn and Snoop Dogg, anddd Kanye's "The New Workout Plan." I just love that song. I don't know why. I also like running to "Midnight City" by M83.

    ReplyDelete