Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hooray for Sun!

Since I moved to Virginia a few years ago I think I have spent more time in the months of October-March complaining about how cold this place is than I have running.

Last winter was pretty much a nonstop snow-fest, so I am pretty sure I attempted to run the Disney Princess Half marathon with like 4 long runs under my belt. I like to pretend that if I continually tell myself that I like to run in the cold, I will actually like to run in the cold. Unfortunately, I still seem curse each and every time that cold wind hits my face.

Thankfully as of today at 1:30 I can say we have not had one flake stick here in RVa. In fact, today is sunny 65 degrees!  I am pretty sure it is because I have spent every single day of winter trying to send positive thoughts to the running gods and because someone up there realized I ended 2011 about half a tick from a nervous breakdown.  Global warming, shobal warming...blah blah....

The mild temperatures have made it possible for me to enjoy going out for a run even more, which in turn helps me feel less like a nervous breakdown, which in turn allows me to be more productive at work, and life. It's really a win-win, I think.

So here's to a great week of runs, and a snow free January!

No comments:

Post a Comment