Sunday, January 20, 2013

First Race of the Year

Greetings to our blog fan(s).  We've had some wonderful weather here in DFW which has really helped with training. I am currently gearing up for my first race of the new year. I"ll be running the Cowtown as a 10k with a good friend.

While I have run 10Ks before, this race has been a particularly fun endeavor because I am getting to see my friend find the joy and satisfaction of training for your first race. It will be her first race ever, so I have had the pleasure of running with her on her first training runs. It is fun to watch her fall in love with running.

I can't wait to cross the finish line with her at the end of February.

After the Cowtown race I'll be headed to Austin in March for the Zooma Women's Half Marathon, and then to DC for the Nike's Women's Half.

 I'm sensing a bit of a "girl power" theme to my running in 2013. So,  with that I say.... Throw your hands up at me!


No comments:

Post a Comment