Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012 in Review

Clearly we are better runners than we are bloggers. Since it is January I figured I try this whole blog thing again.

Let's start with an update on what Caro and I have been up to since we last blogged. 

1. We both moved. Caro moved to Baltimore from Florida to take a sweet gig which was awesome because we were super close to each other for like a month. Then my husband got relocated to Texas, and closed my private practice in Virginia to take a job at a university.

2. In September Caro and I headed to Orlando to run the Tower of Terror 10 Miler with my Dad and my 2 sisters. As usual we probably spent more time talking about our outfits than we did actually training for the race. We dressed as pirates. The weather on race day was SUPER hot, and I am pretty sure that I have run a half marathon with better time than this 10 miler, but in the end it was all worth it because we achieved what every RunDisney fan only dreams of.... we made the DISNEY BLOG.  NBD...but here is the LINK TO OUR DISNEY FAME

3. Sadly, we did not win the costume contest (that's only because we didn't know we were even on the blog until after the vote, and thus were not able to launch the eMarketing/social media campaign necessary to seal a win in the Disney arena). I am also sure we did not win because the photo was not of the entire pirate crew! Here are some pics from the race to show just how much fun it can be to run in 1,000 degree heat in a pirate costume.
From left to right: Caroline, Melanie, Dad, Amanda, and Christine


More pirate fun!
We even had time to play in Disney!
We got awesome matching shirts from RAW THREADS

The medal glows in the dark!
Also has a working elevator!


4. On the running side of things the end of 2012 was fairly uneventful as the only race I managed to do was the Turkey Trot in Arlington, Texas. Not sure about Caroline... A professional blogger would have corresponded with her before writing this post, but that's just not what this blog is all about these days. 



SO WHAT WILL 2013 BRING? 

I am still working on my race schedule which is likely to include the Cowtown Half Marathon and the Zooma  Women's Half in Bastrop, Texas in early 2013.  I can confirm that both Caroline and I were selected in the random draw for the Nike Women's half marathon in Washington DC in April which means we have got to get to work on our costume ASAP. 

Hopefully 2013 will bring a little bit more bloggin!

-Red


No comments:

Post a Comment