Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christine Here!


Guess I should do an introduction as well. I am a native Texan, nerd, workaholic, and redhead living in Virginia with my husband and dog. You will notice I did not use the word "athlete" to describe myself. I  actually started running in 2003 when a friend told me she was doing a marathon. I thought it sounded like fun, so I signed up too. I have one done 1 marathon, and a few halfs and 10ks. Prior to 2003 my running experience included the Presidential Fitness Challenge in elementary school. The picture on this post is of my sister and I finishing the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February of this year.

 I decided on this blog because I own a speech therapy clinic, and recently I have found myself choosing to do un-fun tasks like taxes and payroll instead of running.


As I mentioned I started running for no particularly good reason, but somewhere along the way I started to like running.
Here are a few reasons I run:
1. I like athletic clothing
2. Traveling to races makes me take time off of work
3. It seems to help with my ADD and mood
4. I like to eat Blizzards, cookies, and other foods that require a certain level of athletic supplement
5. I love crafting, and every race gives me an excuse to make a cute race mini book

That's all for now. I am super excited to be Caroline's virtual running partner! She is pretty cool, so I am sure that now I can be cool by association...Stay tuned for my weekly mileage, and plan for Christmas Day running apparel.

No comments:

Post a Comment